Family seeking help after fire destroys home
Four persons in Mitchell Town, Clarendon, are desperately seeking the public’s help to rebuild their lives after fire destroyed their home early yesterday morning.
One of the occupants of the dwelling, Rudolph Gentles, said he heard his sister calling for help sometime after 2 a.m. and responded.
“When I went to check, I found out the back room was on fire. We were trying to put out the fire, but didn’t realise the ceiling had already caught fire and it quickly spread throughout the house,” he said, adding that they lost everything.
Four bedrooms, bathroom, and kitchen were destroyed in the blaze.
“A straight demolition, destruction and annihilation pan we. It’s not easy at all. It’s a very tragic loss, we really feel it. We have nothing left to show, we lost everything,” bemoaned Gentles.
He said he suspects that a candle caused the fire, but added that they are awaiting the results of the investigation.
Persons willing to offer assistance can contact Rudolph Gentles at 797-7066.
“We will appreciate all the assistance at this time. We are appealing to Jamaica for help,” he said.